By observing some simple yet effective guidelines it will ensure that all our little monsters will have a ghoulishly safe Halloween!
1. Set out specific neighborhood boundaries to your children when they go trick-or-treating and ensure they know where they can and can’t trick or treat!
2. Don’t allow children to go trick-or-treating alone. Always accompany your younger children and ensure older children trick or treat in groups of three or four.
3. Remind children to keep to well lit pathways and be cautious when crossing the road.
4 Use a flashlight or add reflective strips to costumes and shoes so drivers can see children at night.
5. Never ever enter stranger’s homes or vehicles.
6. Tell children to go only to homes and neighbors they know and only to houses with lights on.
7. Don’t allow your children to cut through back alleys and fields. Make sure they know to stay in populated places and don’t go off the beaten track.
8. Check that your child’s Halloween goodie bag has not been tampered with. For this reason children should not eat their trick or treat bounty until they get home.
9. Make sure costumes fit properly and don’t trail on the ground. Tripping and falling is one of the main causes of injury on Halloween.
10. Beware of Pets. Even dogs that are in costume and out walking with their families may not be friendly to strangers.
According to Sonya Kelly, Proprietor of Partyworld, Halloween is a wonderful time for children and parents alike, but it is important to ensure that children stay safe at all times. “A few simple guidelines for children will ensure that Halloween will be a fun memorable holiday for everyone”, she said.
Based in the Riverstown Business Park in Tramore, Co. Waterford Partyworld is owned by the Acheson family and has been supplying costumes to children and adults for every occasion for the last four years.
To check out the ranges available at Partyworld log onto www.partyworld.ie or call 051 338269.